I suspect we all need some good news today--unfortunately, I don't think the news outlets will provide any relief.
Psalm 2:1-12 Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD and against his anointed, saying, "Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us." He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision. Then he will speak to them in his wrath, and terrify them in his fury, saying,
"As for me, I have set my King on Zion, my holy hill." I will tell of the decree: The LORD said to me, "You are my Son; today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, and the ends of the earth your possession. You shall break them with a rod of iron and dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel."
Now therefore, O kings, be wise; be warned, O rulers of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the Son, lest he be angry, and you perish in the way, for his wrath is quickly kindled.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
A. Jesus is more faithful than Moses (3:1-6).
1. Moses was faithful in the house (3:1-5).
2. Jesus was faithful over the house (3:6).
B. Therefore do not harden your heart like Israel did (3:7-12).
C. Instead, encourage each other to enter God's rest (3:13-4:11).
1. Because there is still time (3:13).
2. Because we are partners with Christ (3:14).
3. Because God is angry towards sinners (3:16-4:11).
D. The Word of God is the key to entering God's rest (4:12-13).
1. The Word of God is alive (4:12).
2. The Word of God is effective (4:12).
3. The Word of God is sharp (4:12).
4. The Word of God condemns the heart (4:12).
5. God exposes the heart (4:13).
Pastor Dan Benitez
A proclaimer of the glories of God.
Location: 2007 Clement Rd. Lutz, FL 33549
Sunday Service Times: