Question 1: What is fellowship?
1. To have fellowship is to be bound together going the same way (2 Corinthians 6:14).
Question 2: With whom do we fellowship?
1. Believers fellowship with the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:13, Philippians 2:1), with God the Father (1 John 1:3), and with Jesus (1 John 1:3). We have fellowship with the Godhead because we walk in truth (1 John 1:5-6) and because Jesus’ blood cleanses us from all our sins (1 John 1:7).
2. Our fellowship with God enables us to have fellowship with other believers (1 John 1:3).
3. Believers must break fellowship with those who claim to be Christians who are living in unrepentant sin (1 Corinthians 5:11).
4. Believers cannot have true fellowship with unbelievers (1 John 1:3).
Question 3: What is our common fellowship as Christians?
1. Believers share in Christ’s sufferings (Philippians 3:10)
2. Believers are partners together in the Gospel (Philippians 1:5).
Question 4: What does it mean to be devoted to fellowship?
1. Believers are to provoke other believers to love and good works (Hebrews 10:24-25).
2. Believers are to restore repentant believers to fellowship (Galatians 6:1).
3. Believers share in the needs of other believers (2 Corinthians 8:4; cf. James 2:16).
Question 1: Should we view Acts 2:42 as the foundational text for the local church today?
1. Acts 2 is the founding of the first church. You would expect to see the foundational text on the local church when the church was founded.
2. The apostles were the elders of this church. Of all people, they should have known what the emphasis of the church ought to be.
3. Acts 2:42 implies that they devoted themselves to the Word, prayer, fellowship, and Lord’s Supper indefinitely.
4. If Acts 2:42 does not give us the marks of a biblical church, what other text(s) should we go to? Matthew 28:19-20 is written to the disciples.
Question 2: What is the content of the apostle’s teaching?
1. The content included the Old Testament.
Question 3: Where does the authority of preaching come from?
1. Not from persuasive speech (1 Corinthians 2:1, 3).
2. Through the power of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 2:4).
Question 4: What is the purpose of the apostle’s teaching?
1. All scripture is profitable for doctrine, reproof, correction, instruction in righteousness (2 Timothy 3:16).
2. So that the man of God may be complete (2 Timothy 3:17).
Question 5: What does it mean to be continually devoted to the apostle’s teaching?
1. To give attention to the public reading of scripture (1 Timothy 4:13).
2. Faithfully preach the Word (2 Timothy 4:1-4).
Pastor Dan Benitez
A proclaimer of the glories of God.
Location: 2007 Clement Rd. Lutz, FL 33549
Sunday Service Times: