Question 1: What is fellowship?
1. To have fellowship is to be bound together going the same way (2 Corinthians 6:14).
Question 2: With whom do we fellowship?
1. Believers fellowship with the Holy Spirit (2 Corinthians 13:13, Philippians 2:1), with God the Father (1 John 1:3), and with Jesus (1 John 1:3). We have fellowship with the Godhead because we walk in truth (1 John 1:5-6) and because Jesus’ blood cleanses us from all our sins (1 John 1:7).
2. Our fellowship with God enables us to have fellowship with other believers (1 John 1:3).
3. Believers must break fellowship with those who claim to be Christians who are living in unrepentant sin (1 Corinthians 5:11).
4. Believers cannot have true fellowship with unbelievers (1 John 1:3).
Question 3: What is our common fellowship as Christians?
1. Believers share in Christ’s sufferings (Philippians 3:10)
2. Believers are partners together in the Gospel (Philippians 1:5).
Question 4: What does it mean to be devoted to fellowship?
1. Believers are to provoke other believers to love and good works (Hebrews 10:24-25).
2. Believers are to restore repentant believers to fellowship (Galatians 6:1).
3. Believers share in the needs of other believers (2 Corinthians 8:4; cf. James 2:16).
Pastor Dan Benitez
A proclaimer of the glories of God.